Traditionally, workshops involve a group of people meeting to engage in a particular subject by way of discussion and activities.
What is the Difference Between a Conference and a Workshop?
The main difference between a conference and a workshop is that a conference is a combination of presentations and lectures on a general theme. Whereas a workshop is more hands-on and much more specific. In a workshop, you will quite often perform activities to help you learn the skills discussed.
What Types of Workshops Are There?
Workshops can be held for various reasons. Workshops can be held for business, personal and/or leisurely purposes. Here are some examples of workshops:
- Woodworking – Discuss and learn, skills and techniques for woodworking.
- Gourmet Cooking – Discuss and learn how to prepare and cook gourmet foods.
- Bartending – A bartending workshop, will teach attendees how to properly mix specific drinks, wine pairings and about different types of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Conflict Resolution – This is a great workshop that can be useful in every facet of life. Learn conflict resolution skills to deal with co-workers, teens, employees, friends, and family.
- Meditation – Learn unique ways to relax, practice mindfulness techniques and other skills to help your inner self.
- Becoming an Entrepreneur – Learn about small business setups, financial and legal requirements and obligations. Marketing strategies, packaging, branding and distribution.
- Creative Writing – An educational seminar, usually small in size, that focuses on interactive learning to improve creative writing skills.
- Financial Planning – Financial planning is one of the most important skills that you can learn in life. Not only does it affect your current financial situation, but it is also necessary for retirement preparation.
Benefits of Attending Workshops
There are many benefits to attending workshops. You may want to make some self-improvements or even home improvements. There are several DIY workshops available that can help you save time and money.